Stay in the loop with the Todotoronto newsletter
Get the latest news and things to do sent to your inbox so you're always in the know.
Table of Contents
Ryde Canada: Air Canada Vacations 2023 Giveaway (the “Contest”)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement with and acceptance of these Rules, which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations and shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Contest Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by The Water Street Collective Limited (“Ryde Canada” or the “Sponsor”) and hosted and administered by Todotoronto Inc. (“Todotoronto” or the “Administrator”).
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and, by entering the Contest, will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules.
2. Contest Period: The Contest runs from December 12, 2023 at 5:00pm EST and ends on December 18, 2023 at 2:00pm EST (the “Contest Period”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to Canadian residents who are over the age of 19 and reside in Ontario at time of entry (each, an “Entrant”). Employees, directors, officers, representatives, and agents of the Contest Sponsor and Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, distributors, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies, agents, sponsors, and any entity that they contract with specific to the Contest, as well as the immediate family members are not eligible to enter the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”). Immediate family includes the spouse, parent, child, sibling, and any persons domiciled with any of the above (whether related or not).
4. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING IN THIS CONTEST.
During the Contest Period, the Administrator (or designated representatives) will make a contest post (“Contest Post”) via Instagram through the @todotoronto handle. To enter, Entrants must:
1. Be a registered account holder and following @ryde_canada and @todotoronto on Instagram.
2. Visit the @todotoronto Instagram handle or find the Instagram account at www.instagram.com/todotoronto/ and (i) “like” the Contest Post and (ii) tag a friend in the comment section.
Resulting in one (1) entry into the Contest per friend tagged in the comments (no duplicates). Unlimited entries per Entrant during the Contest Period.
Entries from Instagram users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set their account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) cannot be accepted for entry into the Contest.
To participate in the Contest, you must have a valid Instagram account that is in good standing. The Contest is open to existing Instagram account holders as well as new account holders.
If you do not have an Instagram account, visit Instagram.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free account. The terms and conditions for creating and maintaining an account are at the sole discretion of the social media platforms and can be found on their respective websites.
In case of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the social media profile used for a particular Instagram entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an Instagram profile by Instagram.com. Potential winners may be required to show valid proof of being authorized account holder of the Instagram profile associated with their potentially winning entry.
5. Submission Conditions: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any submission materials submitted into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation. Submission materials must not:
a. contain/reference (as applicable) any minors;
b. contain defamatory words/statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group);
c. threaten or disparage any person, place, business, or group; d. disparage persons or organizations associated with the Sponsor; e. invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity;
f. contain/reference (as applicable) material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations where the submission is created;
g. contain/reference (as applicable) material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; and
h. contain/reference (as applicable) any persons or organizations without their prior express written permission (collectively the “Submission Conditions”).
An Instagram entry may not contain any content: (i) that is unlawful, hateful, offensive or obscene, (ii) which incites, solicits, promotes, or provides information about illegal or criminal activities, (iii) that abuses, threatens, promotes, or instigates physical harm or death to others, or the Entrant him/
herself, (iv) that promotes and/or contains the addresses of other Web sites, (v) that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; (vi) that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other intellectual property right of any party, (vii) that constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, pyramid schemes, the promotion of particular stocks of shares and other financial products and services, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling, (viii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; (ix) that impersonates any person or entity, including any of the Sponsor’s employees, dealers, or representatives, (x) that solicits personal information from another user, (xi) that, in any other manner, is deemed by the Sponsor to be inappropriate to the well-being of others, (xii) that communicates and/or exchanges a message of any kind, third party phone numbers, mobile numbers, e-mails or home addresses and any other personal details; (xiii) which is inconsistent with the positive messaging which the Sponsor wishes to communicate; (xiv) disparages any persons or organizations, especially those associated with the Sponsor; or (xv) invades the privacy or other rights of any person, firm, or entity, all of which is to be evaluated by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (collectively the “Criteria”).
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual and Criteria entry found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of
the Rules; (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Criteria specified above; or (v) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prize: There is a total of one (1) prize (“Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period, consisting of one (1) $6,500 gift card for Air Canada Vacations.
The approximate retail value of the Prize is $6,500. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person during Contest Period.
Each winner will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their Prize not mentioned above, including, but without limitation, transportation, personal expenses, etc.
The Sponsor will not be held to award more prizes than as set out in these Rules. Any Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash-surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute and modify any Prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for cancelled, delayed, suspended or re-scheduled events for any reason whatsoever beyond its control and the Prize winner will not be reimbursed for any portion of the Prize that may become unavailable. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the awarding of the Prize or any component of a Prize in the event that the Prize winner and/or their guest engages in inappropriate or disruptive behaviour, or behaviour with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Failure to redeem a Prize will result in forfeiture of the Prize and unused portions of the prize have no cash value.
The odds of winning a Prize during the Contest Period is solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Notification: One (1) entry will be selected via random number generator from among all eligible entries by the Administrator on December 18, 2023 at approximately 2:00pm EST in Toronto, Ontario. The Administrator will contact the potential winner via direct message on Instagram within seven (7) business days of the random drawing (“Winner Notification”). If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted within 1 business day (i.e., 24 hours) of the first attempt to contact (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim their Prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits their Prize, and another Entrant may be randomly drawn from among all remaining eligible entries whom a representative of the Sponsor or Administrator will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to
disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a potential winner who meets the Contest requirements or until there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected Entrant. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) Prize per person.
8. Winner Conditions: Before being declared a confirmed winner and receiving a Prize, an Entrant must (i) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill testing question without assistance or the use of a calculator; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s prize claim form (“Declaration and Release”) that releases the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with the Entrant’s participation in the Contest, allows the Sponsor to publish the winner's name in potential future advertisements, confirms the Entrant’s understanding, acceptance and compliance of the Rules and acceptance of the Prize as offered, and acknowledges that the Releasees are not responsible for any claims arising out of any matter related to the Contest or the Prize; and (iii) be in compliance with the Contest Rules.
If an eligible winner fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), then they will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the Prize.
9. Prize Distribution: Once confirmed as a winner, the Prize will be sent electronically via email to the winner by a representative of the Sponsor in multiple instalments that will total $6,500. The winner will be provided with a promotional code to book their two-night stay on Airbnb. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or any affiliated companies for any postal mail or delivery return as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or any affiliated companies for the Prize after it has been shipped. The Sponsor and all affiliated companies make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Failure to redeem a prize (or prize portion) will result in forfeiture of the prize and unused portions of the prize have no cash value. Prize winners are responsible for any applicable taxes related to any prize received. Winner bears all risk of loss or damages to prizes after delivery.
10. Verification and Disqualification: The Contest Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules.
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to determine the identity of the Entrant.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any Entrant who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Modification and Termination: The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or to modify the Rules of the Contest at any time, without notice, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
12. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations as between one or more persons who participate in the Contest and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, including the procedural provisions of those laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. All persons who participate in the Contest, the Sponsor, and all other parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter or dispute arising under or in respect of the Contest or arising under or in respect of these Rules and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts in the Province of Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed or considered to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Rules or any provision hereof. These Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the Sponsor. Subject to the provisions of these Rules, employees of the Sponsor, or of any of its representatives, are not authorized to modify, amend or waive these Rules.
13. Limitation of Liability and Release: By entering the Contest, each Entrant (here, a “Releasor”) releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, costs, expenses, claims and demands, including legal fees and related expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for injury, accident, damage, claim, loss, misfortune, death, or property damage which any Releasor, or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns, has, might have or could have, with respect to or in any way related or connected to any aspects of the Contest or by reason of or arising out of the Releasor’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use by the Releasor of the Prize awarded and any travel by a Releasor to claim the Prize and from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way related to the Prize, printing errors or omissions, claims based upon publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy prior to being awarded the Prize, or arising from the Contest and the awarding, use, possession, delivery or misuse of the Prize awarded, including liability for personal injury or damage to property. The Releasor further agrees to indemnify and save the Releasees harmless from and against any such causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, costs, expenses, claims and demands, including legal fees and related expenses.
14. Privacy: Each of the Sponsor and the Administrator is collecting personal data about Entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest. Entrant’s personal information will not be used for any further informational or marketing communications.
Personal data submitted online becomes the property of Todotoronto. An Entrant may access and obtain a copy of their personal information upon written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Publicity: By accepting a Prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and its respective designees may use their name, photographs, videos, likeness, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and other promotions or publicity purposes in any and all media (now or hereafter known) throughout the world, in perpetuity without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
16. Social Media Platforms: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram or any other social media platform. Instagram is completely released of any and all liability by each Entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or concerns about the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and Instagram or any social media platform.
Interested in collaborating or promoting your business with Todotoronto?
Let us know a bit about your business and send us a message using the form and we'll get back to you soon!